Monday, July 15, 2013

Week-long Trip Farewell


Hello! Shortly, I'll be traveling North to spend a bit of time with my dad and to visit my extended family. I'm excited and torn, for this means that I won't see my boyfriend for a week, but a bit of distance does the heart good, right?  

....But who would possibly want to leave this much cuteness behind?!
I caught these two spooning the other morning and sneaked a photo :P

 Okay, and maybe lengthy plane rides alone and awkward airport chit-chat aren't very high on my list of "things I like to do on my spare time" either, but I know that once I get there, I'm going to have a beautiful time, and even if I don't, I will have beautiful photos to share!

I wasn't going to bring my DSLR, for fear that its bulky nature would persuade me to leave it in the hotel room, but I bought this cheap and handy little day traveler's case: 


 Much better than a large carrying bag, right? Its friendly purple color with a pop of bright pink on the inside makes me excited to take photos on my trip, so expect mucho! 

My trip is so close, and I'm not even done packing! I'll let you in on a secret if you promise not to tell- I'm a bit of a procrastinator. Plus, I have the tendency to pack too much (this may or may not be an understatement), can you tell?...This isn't even all of it!

....And I considered myself a minimalist... 

I'm packing a few things on my carry-on backpack for the trip, too. Lots of vegan goodies, of course, so that I won't starve in the airport between plane switches, and my Nintendo D.S. with Pokemon White 2 so that I can catch 'em all instead of partaking in that awkward airport chit-chat I spoke of earlier.

 What are your must-have items to get you through long trips?









3 comments:

  1. Yep you pack way to much but never mind I used to then I gradually cut it down every time we went on vaction got it to a fine art now,xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get my beauty essentials , a few food cans and lots of napkins when I leave for ANYWHERE!
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i hate packing! i always end up bringing tons of things i don't need and forgetting important things, like toothbrushes :p

    enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete