Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Meet Oreo



I don't quite recall if Oreo has ever been properly introduced, so I took the chance to snap a few photos today while he was sleeping in his basket by my window. Oreo's been with us for almost thirteen years (hence the not-so-creative name), but he still plays like a kitten- doing 180's in the air for his favorite toy, a piece of green string, and running through his crinkly tunnel like a wild lion. His eyesight is declining, so much of the world is scary to the poor guy, and it takes him a very long time to get acclimated to even the smallest of spaces- but his basket by the window is his "safe space". As soon as the sun rises and hits his face, he lays in his basket for most of the day, sunbathing, until we interest him in a game of play, or offer him his favorite soft food. Oreo usually stays at my mother's (although I've always considered him "my cat"), but she's out of town and so we're watching him for a week or so. Isn't he a cutie? We're also watching my mom's dog, so maybe you'll meet him soon, too :)

Do you have any pets? I'd love to meet them!



10 comments:

  1. Oreo looks like such a sweetheart! I do indeed have a pet, a rather smooshy one at that. My Ru is the light of my life. :)

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'd love to have a cat :)

    xx
    stylevancity.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why dont you? There's plenty of lovely strays that need homes :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful, beautiful cat. 13 years is a long time and a heck of a lot of love and stories. I have four cats. At one point we had twelve in an apartment because we were rescuing whatever ones we could off the street, get them healthy and find them homes. But the four we have now are with us for the long-run. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 13 years is a long time! I'm very surprised how energetic the little guy still is. I can't believe you had 12 at one point!! That's such an awesome story :) how wonderful of you to take them in and rehome them. If I had the time or space, I would love to do something like that.

      Delete
  4. How cute! I have a cat named Oreo too. Well, he's my grandma's, and also getting up there in ago. I'm actually allergic to cats but love them anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Handsome fellow!I only have Speedy,but at one time when I still lived at my mum's I had a springer spaniel called Boot's a black cat called smokey and a lop bunny called Caramel but they crossed the rainbow bridge a long time ago as did my last bunny Thumper,so now we have Speedy my Himilayan Rex,xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete