Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happiness Board Collage


My mother stopped by my apartment the other day, asking for a favor. She handed me a white poster-board and told me that she wanted to make a "Happiness Board" for her very ill, elderly friend. I asked her what she wanted on this board, and she told me, "Anything that will make her smile." I find that clipping out magazine pictures is really therapeutic in itself, so I was excited to help!

Ten magazines and a few hours later, I had created this! :



It turned out a little bit busy, but I was happy that I was able to fill the entire space and not grow too impatient to finish! I gave it to my mom (who is fighting a battle with cancer herself, but still somehow remains beautiful while helping others!) who gave it to her elderly friend. A couple of days later, I received a call from the woman's husband who was adorable in thanking me for the board and said that it lifted his and his wife's spirits.

I'm so glad that I was able to bring a smile to someone who's struggling, and I know that my mom was excited to give it too. I love that the large size of the board gives an impactful first impression, and I plan on making more "Happiness Boards" in the near future to give to others who are having a hard time. 

My mom leaving to bring the Happiness Board to her friend!

If you decide to create your own happiness board to cheer someone up, I'd love to see it!







14 comments:

  1. i'm a new follower from the hop, nice to met you!
    have a nice day :)

    fashion-hermite.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paige, thanks for linking over at The Lady's blog hop.
    Firstly, I love your photo with that huggable fat bunny. hahahaha! I sure wanna hug one right now. And, love this Happiness Board Collage. Great idea and it really makes you feel happy just looking at it. Gave me an idea for a project!
    See you again on the 24th for hop#2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, she's super chubby :P... her favorite treat is a tortilla chip! I will definitely be participating in the next hop :)

      Delete
  3. this is such a cool idea! I really love it. it's so cool that you passed it on to someone too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so simple, too, so it's perfect as a random little gift.

      Delete
  4. Ok, first of all, your mom is super cute:)!! Second, I used to love doing these when I was a teenager. Maybe I need to do a new one! You've inspired me. Thanks for linking up @ The Owl's Skull this week! Much love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! You should do a new one and give it to someone who's down :) it feels so good to give! I even thought about giving out mini ones at a nursing home down the street.

      Delete
  5. Hey there! Here from the Blog Hop! Just wanted to let you know I'm following you via Bloglovin'! I hope you'll get a chance to visit me :o) You can find me here:

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you :) I'll check you out soon.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love collages! This is so sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea and I love the "Spinning on the Beach" photos.

    ReplyDelete