Monday, May 6, 2013

Mother's Day Gifts for Under $50



Before the week of Mother's Day, I always ask my mom what she really wants or needs, and I always get the same dull, unhelpful response, "I don't want anything!" We all know that this response is a big 'ol lie, so it's always up to me to figure out a gift or two that she will genuinely appreciate. And so, I rounded up a handful of gifts for you all under $50.00 in hopes that mom won't need to break out that fake smile and that you won't have to sell a limb to make her happy.


1. Diamond Dyed Circle Scarf in Blue: When in doubt, I always reach for a cheery, bright scarf. On lazy days they can transform a boring outfit, and a woman can never have too many scarves. It's a girl-rule, just accept it. This one is a gorgeous deep blue infinity scarf that's handmade in Southern California and can be found at the Spotted Moth here for $29.99.

2. Mandarin & Lavender Upcycled Soy Wax Candle: Nothing says "time to relax" like a soothing candle. It seems that at the end of a long day, a cup of warm tea and a burning candle on the back porch can fix anything. Let's face it, moms might just need a little bit more me-time than the rest of us. This candle is poured in a nifty, upcycled wine bottle for $16.00 at Paddy Wax here.

3. Set of 6 Block Print Stacking Mugs: Most moms have an infatuation with coffee (hint: it's where they get their superpowers), and if they don't, it's likely that they're having an affair with tea. These mugs not only come in a beautiful color palette, but come with a little chrome storage rack so that you can keep them out on the counter and show them off. For $15.99 at World Market here, I think that I might even buy myself a set!

4. Keepsake Kitchen Apron and Recipe Box Set: This adorable set would be perfect for the mommy that bakes, or maybe even a hint at a mommy who doesn't, tehe. This 4x6 recipe box will store all of mom's recipes, or would be the perfect space to share one of your own with her. The box comes with a cheery, matching floral apron with a functional pocket here at  Ruche and on sale for $24.50!

5. You Had Me At Woof by Julie Klam: I found this book while meandering around Anthropolgie. My mom loves dogs and she loves books, so I scooped it up for her because it looked really good. Don't tell her I got it for her, it's a secret. While I admit that I haven't read it myself, I find most of the books that I come across in Anthropologie and very good and the book has gotten very good reviews. If your mom is a dog-lover, this would be a perfect gift for you too! If you don't have an Anthropology near, you can find it online here for $15.00.

6. I Am Her, Book: Also at Ruche, I stumbled upon this inspirational book with beautiful wisdom and fill-in spots that allows the reader to be creative and reflect. It's a powerful book for women in general, so why not give it to the most powerful woman we know? Mom deserves it. It's sold here with a pretty foil-stamped hardcover for $14.99.

7. Chymia Spa Day Gift Pack: This spa pack comes with a 1 oz. body spray, 2 oz. body butter, 4 oz. mineral soak, and a lip cocktail with vitamins for the ultimate at-home spa day! It has four different yummy scent options and comes in a cute little pack. The whole thing is $48 at Shabby Apple here.

8. "Ahead of the Current" Bird Feeder: This feeder is perfect for the animal-loving mom or nature enthusiast. It's quirky modern design is not your average, dainty bird feeder with china cup frills, rather a contemporary twist complete with cut-out windows. Mod Cloth sells the bird feeder here for $29.99.

9. Rustic Wood iPad Stand for the Kitchen: Just because mom's turned in her recipe cards for a new iPad doesn't mean that she can't still have a pretty recipe-stand. This stand resembles a wooden cutting board and makes a beautiful mix between old and new technologies. It's made from solid pine and it's sturdy design is sure to gently nestle mom's iPad while she whisks away. The stand can be bought for $35.00 on the Etsy site, Roostic, here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment