Tuesday, May 28, 2013

2-Step Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies




Last night, my boyfriend had a couple of friends over at our house to make some Kandi (Tradeable Pony Bead bracelets for EDM/Rave events). I found Aaron digging around the fridge solemnly, and then he looked up at me with the classic puppy dog eyes and said, "I want something sweet!" I had a long day, and the LAST thing I wanted to do was to bake.


But how could I say no? His friends joined in on our conversation, awaiting eagerly for my reply, and so I compromised by whipping up a batch of these SUPER quick and easy, vegan, chocolate chip cookies that I adapted from this recipe to better suit my tastes and the ingredients in our house.






































Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Put ALL ingredients together into a large bowl and mix until uniform.

3. Place spoon-fulls on a greased cookie sheet. I flattened them just a little bit with a wooden spatula because they don't expand a lot.

4. Bake 11-12 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean. These cookies don't brown very much, so don't use color as a timer!

5. Let cool and eat!

Okay, so that was five steps. But really, 3 of the steps are common sense. Just mix, and bake!



Everyone at our home LOVED these cookies (and nobody even now they were vegan, tehe!) They're so quick an easy that I'll definitely be making these in a pinch sometime in the future.

If you have any questions about my recipe, feel free to ask! I hope that you enjoy them as much as we all did :)



Shared on:



10 comments:

  1. yummmm! i'm trying these too! thanks for posting all these easy recipes :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I want cookies! They seem easy enough and look delicious! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Following you on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick and easy:). And delicious! I love it! Pinned to my board:). Thanks for linking up @ The Owl's Skull this week! J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the lazy person's version of vegan chocolate chip cookies- perfect for me =P!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for following! Your blog looks great! Followed you via bloglovin :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paige! I am so glad you found me and you find my posts funny! LOL I am getting my rhythm back in regards to blogging. Well...I just gave you a follow back. HOWEVER, I am REALLY excited to find your blog, too BECAUSE I am transitioning to a VEGAN lifestyle and am loving finding vegan recipes! #soexcited Great blog! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blog darl. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Hope you like my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great, thanks for sharing the recipe! xo
    www.heavenlyclutter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! I hope to make a new vegan dessert recipe soon :)

      Delete