Tuesday, May 14, 2013

2 Ingredient, Natural, Homemade Dish Soap






Yesterday I shared my favorite homemade laundry detergent, and, as promised, here is an even easier homemade dish soap recipe! In fact, it's so simple, I had to ask myself, "Is this really going to work?" Not only did it get the job done, but it smelled so yummy!

The insanely simple, 2 ingredient recipe can be found here at Rock Farmer's blog.

Rock Farmer used an old marinara jar, but I used a jar that was once for Sunflower butter (which might I go a bit off topic and say is SO yummy and a great alternative for those with peanut allergies like myself). 

I followed Rock Farmer's recipe, poked a few holes in the top with a large nail and a hammer, and painted the rim with teal acrylic just for a pop of fun color. I made a quick label, "dish soap" with a black sharpie marker so that nobody would mistaken it for flour or sugar (although even if anyone did, it's so natural that it wouldn't cause any harm). 

Although I didn't have the time to try it out, the use of glass etching paint would've been very cute and more professional looking. Detail-Oriented Diva here has a nice how-to on glass etching for first-timers if you'd like to give your homemade dish soap extra personality. 




I'd love to see any finished products.
**If you make your own with glass-etching paint and share it with me, I might even feature you here!

No comments:

Post a Comment