Friday, March 8, 2013

Review: Alima Pure Satin Matte Eyeliner


Months ago, I joined the health-conscious wagon. I've thrown away all of my nasty, chemical cleaning supplies and began making my own from natural, safer ingredients. I started buying organic and, when I could, locally-grown produce. I revamped my whole way of life, but there was one thing that I kept purposely overlooking- my makeup. I love my makeup. I love my natural face too, but cat eyes and red lips make me feel more confident and give me the ability to express the person I feel inside on the outside. Often, I sleep in it, too lazy to wash my face before bed. But deep down, I knew that my drugstore favorites were full of g-r-o-s-s, unpronouncable chemicals made in some labratory, so I decided that it was time to take the leap and search for natural alternatives.

I searched EWG's site for the safest ratings for eyeliner, because it's the one product in my makeup routine that I use daily. Alima's Pure Satin Matte Eyeliner got an awesome score of 1 (on a 0-10 scale, 0 being the safest and 10 being the most dangerous) so I hopped on over to their site and purchased some for less than $13. I received their product in the mail today and was so excited I tore open the package outside!

  
I was ecstatic to see that they included a litte card in the package that showed every ingredient used in their product line. 


There was even a special, hand-written thank you on the order confirmation page. 



Upon opening the package, I thought that they had accidentally given me the wrong order, but realized that they sent me two extra little samples! One being the same eye liner I originally bought (can never have enough!) and a second with their lilac eyeshadow. 




Product Rating: 8/10. The only reason this product didn't receive a full 10/10 is because it wasn't as dark going on the eye as I would've hoped or as I'm used to, and it was a bit smudgeable. However, this should be expected when a product is so natural and made with so little ingredients. The powder form gives the option to use a little brush to put it on dry (I got my brush from the E.L.F brand for $3 and it worked perfectly) or wet with a little bit of water. While I'm not used to the lightness, it's beginning to grow on me, and I'd still choose it over my old liquid eyeliner in terms of being less hazard and still adequate. If you like the effect of a soft, smoky eye, you'll fall in love with this eyeliner.

Packaging Rating: 10/10. The hand-written thank you was really special, and the added samples were very generous. The actual packaging of the eyeliners themselves are durable and, unlike many powders that come in loose form, just the right amount comes out when you shake it from the holes.

Service Rating: 10/10. Expedient and I had no problems with the website or the service.



Want to check out Alima's website? They've got tons of other awesome, natural beauty products on their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment