Tuesday, March 12, 2013

EDM Event / Rave Outfit


So, if you really knew me, you'd know that I'm not really the "rave type". But, my boyfriend spins poi and fire, and is also getting pretty decent at gloving, so I go to EDM events and raves to support his talents. I don't mind the music, and I love getting to know so many friendly people. Most everyone at the events I go to exude PLUR (peace, love, unity, respect) and it's a blast making kandi beforehand and trading them with others for other unique, special pieces. 

I also jump on any chance to dress up in dorky costumes :3 and this time I decided upon a Pokemon theme! 

Outfit: 
-Pikachu backpack: At Hot Topic in stores or online here, now for only $15.97.

-Pokebra: I actually won this bra on Facebook from a promoter who was asking Pokemon trivia questions! I was so happy to win. You can buy yours here from Neon Wonderland (there may be a limited selection because I believe most everything is hand-made) or other pretty ones like it.

-Super Comfy Black High-Wasited Shorts: You can't see them very well in the photo but they're cute, I swear! American Apparel has them for $24 in SO many adorable colors here.

-Black Fishnets (not seen in picture): I got these from Target in a clearance section for less than $5. Check out your local Target for deals near the end of aisles! 

- Kandi: Made with love from fellow ravers. I don't know about you, but I think that this practice should continue to everyday life! How awesome would it be if you were stopped by a stranger on the street who gave you an a nifty bracelet with love? 

-Boyfriend: Captured by a master ball in college- a shiny, super rare Pokemon. If you find one of these in the wild, be sure to capture it! tehe




If you're interested in the EDM scene or curious what poi or gloving is like, you can check out these videos that my boyfriend made below :)

Gloving:

Poi:



No comments:

Post a Comment