Sunday, March 17, 2013

DIY: Tissue Paper Flower Gift Accent


It only occurred to me after my dad's birthday present was wrapped that I should have taken a picture of what was inside! Inside was a black keepsake box with a window for photos on the front that I filled with photos of my dad and I at different ages in black and white. Inside, I put yummy cookies that are secretly vegan but are so good that I didn't even mention it ;). The recipe that I used can be found here at VegWeb

As for the wrapping, I'm on a budget and the only scraps I found in my craft supplies were tissue paper. It was originally a very boring looking little present, so I decided to search the web for something to spruce it up. This DIY tissue paper flower gave it a facelift and was so unbelievably easy to do! I used the DIY found here on Rust and Sunshine's blog for "poppy flower" and secured it to the present by tying it to a bit of twine.

Do you have any easy, at-home wrapping ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment