Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Six Cute, Last-Minute V-Day DIY's and Printables





1. Hand-Made Hair Ties: Why didn't I think of that? This super easy V-Day DIY includes only one material (my kind of craft!) and would be really cute as a gift to a friend. And there is SO many possibilities. Think: stamping, dying, embellishing, etc. Visit The Superettes here for the in-depth how-to.

2. Vegan Heart Cookies: Finding a good vegan cookie recipe is nearly impossible so I can't wait to try this recipe myself. Not only are they vegan, but they're delicious to the eyes with a beautiful red hue from all-natural beets. These would be great packaged up and given out to neighbors, or friends, or parents, or boyfriends, or... okay, well they're perfect for anyone! Find the recipe here at Apron Strings.

3. V-Day Strawberry Plant Kit: Sometimes just the thought of Valentine's Day sends pains straight to my teeth. With so many sweets as gifts for V-Day, this cute little strawberry kit is a breathe of fresh, all naturally sweetened air. The author says that she bought the kits already packaged at Target, but I'm sure it would be pretty easy to find the pieces seperately too. Coordinately Your's blog gives more information. 

4. DIY Barrettes: I'm tempted to make these for myself in plentiful variety. They're just so darn cute, and easy to make too! And with a FREE adorable printable, "I hapPIN to think you're a great valentine", I mean really, does it get any better? A more in-depth how-to can be found on BasicGrey here.

5. Printable Cute Saying Cards: Sometimes, even around Valentine's Day, I'm just too busy (or too lazy...) to make any elaborate gifts. These are the perfect solution. They're meant to be cards, but you could put one in a pretty frame and give it as a gift. Either way, they're adorable, and FREE! Print out the cute madness here at Lara's Vintage.

6. Breakfast in Bed Printable Kit: I would be delighted to wake up to this (maybe with some of those vegan cookies mentioned above?). A breakfast in bed is always a great last-minute idea, but this printable kit brings it to a whole other level of cuteness. Create a cute menu, placemat, door hanger, mini-flags, and tea bag label, all for free, at Design is  Yay here.

2 comments: