Sunday, January 13, 2013

How To: Flower Petal Garland

I love the look and feel of natural decor, and I'm always looking for ways to reuse and up-cycle old items. I hate throwing flowers away, so when the flowers that my boyfriend gave me for out anniversary were looking a bit sad, I decided to save the petals for future crafting by pressing the petals in books. I forgot all about them until the other day when I was rearranging my bookcase and pretty petals fell to the floor! 

I couldn't find any cute DIYS with dried flower petals, so I decided to make this super easy garland. I wish I would have dried more so that it could've been longer, but it still came out cute and earthy. 

Making the garland was too easy! All you need is: dried flower petals, a needle, and thread that's close to the color of the petals. If you have a mixture, beige is always perfect.

To make: Thread the needle and thread through the top of one flower petal and then through to bottom. Simply repeat this process until you end with your preferred length, and ...voila! Pretty flower garland.

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I am a sucker for dried flowers, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete